This is Heather, Mark's daughter. My dad is doing a lot better today. Last night they took him off of oxgyen completely and he is now able to sit up in a chair. He looks just like his normal self! They have talked about him moving to a regular hospital room sometime today, so he won't be in the ICU anymore, so that is good news! He hasn't had a fever since Tuesday night around midnight. The surgeon wants to wait until he is with no fever for 48 hours (we are getting closer!) and not on anitbiotics for 48 hours. However, they have not taken him off of antibiotics yet. Surgery is pending all of these things.
Many people have asked if my dad knew that he was having heart issues, he was concerned about some symptoms he had, so he visited urgent care sometime around 7 weeks ago. After several tests, they ruled out any heart issues and that his heart was strong and didn't have any problems. It was during this visit that my dad was diagnosed with diabetes. This past week he was experiencing these sames symptoms and returned to the urgent care center early Saturday morning to find out that he was in the midst of a heart attack. The results of the EKG were completely different this time. It's hard to believe that the week prior to all of this, my dad was hiking out in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado without any issues.
Please pray for my dad and our family as we wait for the doctor's decision for the best course of action to bring about healing. We thank you for all of your prayers already!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My family has been praying for Mark every since we received the news last Saturday. My oldest two children, Aubrie and Drew pray for him each night before they go to sleep. Remember that we serve a Healing God who loves His children and will be near to Mark and your family through this. We are praying for full restoration and that your family will experience the peace that only Christ can provide. We love you all.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Bob & Amy Meringa (Aubrie, Drew, Caden)- KCC Family
Phil 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
I'm praying for your dad! My mom told me what was going on, and I felt so much for you all!
ReplyDelete-Suzanna Truby
Tim and I and our family have been praying for Mark and for all of you, also ever since hearing about this last Saturday.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for starting this blog where we can keep trsck of your journey along this path.
We love you all very much and will continue praying.
Hi Mark,
ReplyDeleteI'm the sometimes piano player/worship leader in Paula's absence. I have shared the platform with you and totally am blessed by your preaching and ministry. As a younger man I'm sure this was quite frightening, but I would like to encourage you by saying that God never allows calamity beyond whet we're able. Brother I wish you the speediest of recoveries, and hope to see you again real soon!
Doug Wendt
Mark,
ReplyDeleteYou have always been there for me in my time of need, someone I could talk to if I needed to, and someone who always asked "How are you doing?". Now it is my turn, I just found out the news today about your heart and my family now knows. I have been praying for you all day and I really hope you get better SOON. You are in God's hand now and I know by fact and experiance that he will take care of you. You have your family and friends praying for you. Get better soon.
-Alisha Hain
I am so happy to hear that you are getting stronger you and your family is in my prayers
ReplyDeleteYou all mean a lot to me and I do know that God is in Control
Your friend always Heidi Wallen
Mark,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea Carla had to set up this website so that you can communicate with your vast arena of friends and relatives!
I am amazed what God is doing to surround you with His people everywhere during this most difficult time of your life!
I love you, Mark! I am honored to be your dad and to see your approach to this difficult experience!
I am moved to tears again and again by the people who are responding to your need! We serve a wonderful God!
Underneath are the everlasting arms of God!
Love, Your Dad, Paul Wilson
We love you and are continuously praying for you. Trusting that you will be back on your feet again soon... Melody & Jeremy
ReplyDelete