Wednesday, June 24, 2009

God is still in the miracle business...

God has been answering your prayers.

We received the results of the tests from this morning about an hour ago as we were visited by the Surgeon. The tests show that there is viability in the part of the heart that has been damaged and that I would benefit from having bypass surgery.

The Surgeon was very optimist about doing the surgery and will being doing either a triple or quite possibly a quaddruple bypass. God has been healing my heart over the past week plus. His Name is to be praised.

Currently my surgery is scheduled for 7:30am on Friday morning. I ask that you continue to pray for my family and that our Lord be praised for what He has done. We have had written on the white board in my room - "Expect a miracle!" I know He is doing His best work in me.

Grateful to be a Child of the King!

Mark

18 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He is in the miracle business and He will continue to heal and bless as He has been doing all along. I will continue to pray for you, your family and your surgeons for friday. I am tearing up as I write. Our God is so wonderful and I love Him dearly. God will finish this great work He has started in you my friend. I can't wait to see you back at KCC so I can give you a big hug. Will keep an eye on the blog and a voice to our Father on your behalf.


    Paul Kidd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mark that is terrific news! Thank you very much for the update! Heather and I will continue to pray HARD for you regarding Friday and beyond!

    God is with you, mighty warrior!

    Love,
    Rob and Heather Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord we know God is in the miracle business because Laura is a true test of that just have to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. IF YOU BELIEVE, YOU WILL RECEIVE WHATEVER YOU ASK FOR IN PRAYER." Matthew 21:21-22
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow, Praise Him all creatures here below, Praise Him above, ye heavenly host, Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

    Pastor Mark we are so happy to hear this wonderful news!!! The Lord our God is so Good!! We will continue to pray for you and your family, and for the surgeons that prepare to repair your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pastor Mark,
    My dad was in a similar situation as you about 3 mos ago. Only 30% of his heart was working. It's amazing what they can do for the heart now! He is on the road to recovery, a long road, but he's going to do it. I have been praying him through it and will also pray for you. It must be cool to see God working through you and your family, even in these trying times. I love how God uses all situations to bring glory to Himself. I believe in miracles and will expect one for you too! --Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark & Carla,
    You are in our prayers!

    I will proclaim the name of the LORD! Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.

    Mike, Tammy & Presley Clementz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rejoicing with you! In your update I think I recognized some smiles inside and out. We are all smiling and rejoicing with you as we continue to lift you in prayer and praise the Father. soooooooz at KCC :) :) :) you know all the o's are hugs don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark,

    I am just back from vacation and heard about what is happening with you. Know that many of us are holding you and your family with our prayers.

    May you continue to experience the peace of His presence with you and in you. May your family rest in knowing God loves you more than they do. He is holding your heart and theirs.

    Expecting that miracle with you,

    Jean Root

    ReplyDelete
  9. PRAISE GOD! May He continue to hold you tightly in His protection!!

    Maura Crevier

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rejoicing in the continued healing of your heart! It was great news to hear that the surgery is a go- just to watch your daughter's face as she told me and the love that she holds for her father brought tears to my eyes. It was like a weight was lifted in just knowing that there was enough healing to move forward to the next step of making you whole again. Praise God for the works that He is doing! Continuing to pray-now for steady hands and minds of the doctors as they prepare for your surgery and for your body as it reacts and heals and for the entire family- the emotions and uncertainty. You all are in our hearts and thoughts!!!
    Mandy B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Continuing to pray for you and your family!!!

    Lisa Spangler

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mark, I praise that your getting some of your questions answered. Through this whole process of unknown I really have tried to enjoy being "the least amunt you all" so I could spend time with the greatest, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It was in Him I sought anwers and comfort. He made the heavens and the earth and all that is in it, even the brilliant minds who can perform bypass surgeries. yet none can match His wisdom and splendor. I know you experience that from Him! I pray that you lay down your quest for seeking answers from this world and exchange it for His simple and Glorious truth. He loves You. May He impress His words on your Heart today as you pray. We love you. Jenn Powell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mark, I am praising God for the words I read this morning on your surgery. We have a wonderful God and He is truly working through you and your family. I know He has been holding your heart in His hand and will guide the surgeons along through the surgery! I will continue to pray for you and your wonderful family. Praise be to God for wrapping his arms around you and your family during this difficult time!
    Love in Christ, Shelly Dantuma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for these updates. :) I've been thinking of you often and praying. So thankful for the news of surgery - you are going to be healed!

    Love,
    Lynn J.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mark,I praise God as I continue to follow your journey and what God is doing in your life. I will continue to pray for your return to you family, your health & to your KCC family. I know God can give us miracles and I pray with your family that he will pour out a healing miracle for you.
    "Our God is an awesome God"
    Blessing,Shirley Bos KCC Receptionist

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is wonderful news! We will be praying for a quick recovery following your surgery.

    Love,
    Sharon Claassen

    ReplyDelete
  17. So awesome to hear this news! Mark, Jesus can heal your heart and I am joining you in EXPECTING THAT MIRACLE and claiming the power of God to work through the hands of your surgeon and in preparing your heart beforehand. May the surgeon be amazed by the healing God will do in your heart between now and the surgery! I will keep praying that our Lord and healer will make Himself known and be glorified through you! Peace and grace to you and your family as you wait on the Lord.

    In Him,

    Tammie S.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I cannot be there with you - but we are praying and am there with you in spirit.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete