Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Week three at home...

It has been just over 3 weeks since I had my surgery. It has been another good week for recovery. I thought I would give you an update as to my status.

This past Monday, I was released from the Visiting Nurses patient list. It was good to be able to be told that there was no need for them to come back and see me, because of my rate of recovery.

Late yesterday, I went in for my post-surgery check up with the Surgeon. He was very pleased with my recovery and told me that I could have my keys back to the car. I was also discharged from any further follow up with him unless I deem it necessary or have any further questions about my recovery. The surgeon was pretty quiet, but we believe he too knows that God performed a miracle. We could see it in his eyes and in his voice. God is Good!

The next milemarker is next Thursday, July 30th, when I follow up with my Cardiologist. It will be this appointment that determines my availability to return to work full-time.

It has been good to connect with several people over this past weekend, and I was humbled by the heartfelt welcome during the 11am service. God has been so good to me. I am continually reminded of the miracle that He performed in that hospital room. Because of your faithful prayers. It has been a life changing experience to say the least.

I would appreciate your prayers for this Saturday as I have the honor of officiating my daughter, Heathers wedding. Please pray for my strength and that my voice will hold out for the ceremony. It has been weakend quite a bit because of surgery. We are so thankful for the young man (Phil) that God has brought into our daughters life. He fits right in with our family.

Let me share this passage with you, it has been on my mind the last couple of days:

Psalms 63: 1-5 "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."

I am humbled by our Fathers love, and your expressions of love!

Mark

2 comments:

  1. Mark,

    This is a beautiful expression of gratitude to the Lord. He does all things well!

    Truly the whole experience has the evidence of the Grace of God! Release from the Visiting Nurse and the Surgeon, and having the keys back to your car are all proofs! We are so grateful with you!

    We will be praying with you, as we celebrate the union of Heather and Phil on Saturday. (You’ll have to practice standing and talking little by little this week . . . as if I needed to tell you, Ha!)

    I was most intrigued by Psalm 63’s precise fit to your situation. Our souls thirst for God, our bodies long for him in places where there is drought. We have seen His power and glory displayed. How else can we respond, except with praise! “O the happiness of a man whose strength is in Thee, Highways [are] in their heart. Those passing through a valley of weeping, a fountain do make it . . . They go from strength unto strength . . .” (Psalm 84:5-7 YLT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really great to see you at church on Sunday! Have fun celebrating this weekend!

    ReplyDelete