Sunday, July 12, 2009

It is good to be in the house of the Lord!

Today was an incredible day - we were able to go to church this morning. It has been over five weeks since we worshipped. It was good to be home, with our church family.

It's hard to believe that it has been over two weeks since my surgery. As I have shared earlier, I am gaining strength with each day.

I would appreciate your continued prayers as I continue to recover. I have been experiencing some additional pain in my left leg, where they harvested the vein for my bypass. It makes it difficult at times to walk. So far I have been pushing through the pain.

My verse for today is: Psalm 40:3 "He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what He has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord."

2 comments:

  1. This morning while serving at the church, I noticed you were there on Sunday. I was so happy to see your name on the attendance!! We keep on bringing you before the throne of the Lord every day and we know He will keep you safely wrapped in His loving arms, Mark.
    Yours in Christ,
    Terri & Kurt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, Mark! I know the church people were excited to see you in church! Wow!

    I have sensed a wondrous love moving out from your heart to everyone, including me, your dad!

    Folks here in Livonia are saying how deeply moved they have been by your contagious love for the Lord.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete