Thursday, July 30, 2009

Five Week Update

I had my post surgery followup appointment this morning with the Cardiologist. Overall it was a good visit. After a battery of tests, many of my medications were adjusted and I was sent off to my home away from home :-( Costco Pharmacy, to wait for my new medications to be filled.

During the visit, I was also given the green light to return to work. I will be returning next Monday to a lightened schedule for a while. May the Lord receive praise. He has done amazing things. I continue to be humbled by the gift of life that I have been given.

While this news was good, I still have a long road ahead of me in my recovery. There are several things that they will be monitoring my progress closely for a while. I have a follow-up appointment scheduled in 2 weeks. I would appreciate your continued prayers for this progress.

As far as next steps, I begin my Cardiac Rehab on August 10th. I am scheduled to go for 2-3 times a week.

Thanks for your love and your continued prayers. We continue to be humbled by your care for us.

God continues to provide strength through His word. This has been close to my thoughts lately.

Psalm 34:8-11 (NIV)

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD."

In Christ,

Mark

2 comments:

  1. I just read all your posts, praise God for keeping you here with your family.
    Kathy Moore (Willow Community Church)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.


    No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.” (Selections from Isaiah 54)

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete