Thursday, March 18, 2010

Coming To A Close…

As I sit here thinking about the last 9 months, I have this new appreciation for my relationship with our Lord.   I never could have dream up a plot so wild and crazy even if I was the most creative person to walk this earth.   But I am grateful that I belong to the One who created the heavens and the earth.  He fully knew every turn and twist in the unfolding plot of the last 9 months.

I spent some time today reflecting on the journey, and I can honestly say at this point, I would not change a thing.  That’s not to say that I would have wanted to write some changes into the script as it was unfolding.  They always say that hindsight is 20/20, and I would have to agree.  Even though there are several parts of the journey that I may never understand this side of eternity.  I know that I am a much better person for having walked it.

I never would have dreamed that this rollercoaster ride would begin with a trip to the emergency room!  Only to end up having Quadruple Bypass Surgery.  As I think back to this time, I have gained a whole new appreciation for our miracle working Father.   I will never cease to praise Him for the healing that He performed on my heart.   Not only by His divine hand, but through the skilled hands of my surgeon.   He healed my heart, but He also left a scar as a reminder of how merciful He was!  

Since this time, I have told many that God also gave me a permanent reminder that I am dependent on Him.  As many of you know I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, which means that I am Insulin dependant, and have an Insulin pump attached by a tube 24 hours a day.  I could develop some very serious health issues if I unplugged for very long.   It is my physical reminder that I am wholly dependent on my Heavenly Father for my very life.  If I don’t stay connected, I could face some very serious issues in my Spiritual life.

As many of you know we stepped in the next leg of this journey as I found out that I would be stepping out of my ministry position at KCC.  I wont deny that this was a real blow and I spent a  lot to time seeking God’s protection and His peace.   In the midst of it, somehow by faith we knew that God was preparing our next place of ministry.  We were walking by faith and not by sight, trusting in His care. 

As I thought about this post, I chose the title for a reason.  We sense that God is bringing this 9 month season to a close.  My prayer is that we will never forget the lessons of this journey.  Early in this journey God gave me a passage of scripture that I believed was for me to share with others.  Funny thing about it, God meant it for me!   Psalms 106:13 says, “But they soon forgot what he had done, and did not wait for his plan to unfold.”

God’s plan has been unfolding for the last five months.  We recently found out that I will be stepping back into full time ministry, serving as a senior pastor once again.   To be honest, I never dreamed that this would be the direction that God would lead in.  Nor did I ever believe that this would be the door He would open for us.   In a future post, I will share with you more details.   All I will share at this point, is that Carla & I are in complete awe of the movement and provision of God’s hand.  We just had to wait for His plan to unfold.

He has once again, brought me back to my life verse:  Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

I look forward to being able to share the news of the door of ministry that God has opened for us.

I’m amazed by His love…

2 comments:

  1. I won't comment, I will only smile!!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing is in the making. God heals in all kinds of ways in all types of situations and we can only testify to Gods faithfulness because He has proved true in our own lives. Blessed be the Name of our Great Physician. I am sure Irene is cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete