Sunday, October 18, 2009

Humbling...

I was humbled this weekend by so many people who shared stories about how God has worked in their lives through my time of ministry at our church. He is the one who is worthy of this praise. Even so, I was blessed by so many who poured out their love to Carla and I.

As I write this post, I would ask that you continue to pray for us as we seek what God's will is for the next leg of the journey that He has us on right now. If you are not aware, this weekend was my last at our church. I have just began to look for what God has next for us.

I shared with many people this weekend that over the summer months, I got to watch God story unfolding from the front row seat. Little did I realize then, that I would still be sitting in the front row even now waiting to see what God has next. Right now we are at an intermission, and I am waiting for the curtain to open again for Act 2. In the meantime I wait...trusting in His perfect plan. Even though we can't see it now - we know that it in His hands. Even though we are shaken, we know that this doesn't shake Him.

Psalms 106:13 says, "But they forgot what He had done, and they did not wait for His plan to unfold."

We are so blessed to have so many of you who have lifted us in prayer over the last several months. At this point, we again are in request of your prayers.

"We are expecting a miracle!"

I would love to hear from you at... mdwilson5@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Pastor Mark,

    I have no idea of what to say at this point but that we love and respect you so much. I have looked up to you and appreciated the way you love the L-rd in ways you cannot imagine. I see Him through your eyes and I can see the way you love Him. I pray that I can be like you and any church who grabs you up will be so blessed! Kentwood Community Church will not be the same without you. Keep us informed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and I are praying for you, Mark and Carla, knowing that the great King David, in retrospect, wrote Psalm 23 . . . "The Lord is my shepherd . . . I shall lack nothing!"

    Close to the end of the Psalm he writes, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life . . ."

    Dad

    ReplyDelete