As you will notice it has been a while since I have updated this blog. As I mentioned in my last posting, this season of our lives is coming to a close. We are truly in a season on new beginnings.
It’s hard to believe that it has been almost a year since I experienced my first heart attack.. If anyone would have told me here is what you will experience this next year I would have laughed at them…
However, it has been a year in which God has been writing new chapters and adventures in our lives. As I mentioned earlier, I would not change out any of the journey, as I have come to know His faithfulness in all things. God has certainly surprised us and humbled us in these days. I wouldn’t trade places with anyone. I am grateful and humbled by His mercy and provision.
As the title suggests, we are certainly in a season of new beginnings. As you may have known, late last fall, I learned that my staff position at KCC was coming to a close. Since then I have been in a job search that has changed me forever. I never dreamed that God would open the doors that He has opened. Through this journey, I prayed that God would close the doors that no one could open, and that He would open the door that no one could shut.
He has done just that! In a way that only God could do, He has opened a door that could have opened only by His hand. As a great friend shared with me, it was Warren Wiersbe who said, “If you can explain it then God didn’t do it!” I find myself chuckling when I try to explain it – I can’t because this is truly from His hand.
You might be wondering, okay what is it? Well, I have accepted the position as Senior Pastor at the United Brethren in Christ Church in Fowlerville, Michigan. My first Sunday will be May 2nd. As I have continued to pray about this first weekend and what I should share. It didn’t take to long to decide that I needed to share my story… Better yet, God’s Story! Yes, I am still sitting on the front row, watching God move… It’s amazing… but why does it surprise me? He said He would do so in His Word.
Jeremiah 29:11 - “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
But God isn’t finished yet… He continues to move in incredible ways. Because of the pending move, we put our home up for sale four weeks ago. At week three, we had an offer come through! Wow, in this housing market!! With God, nothing is impossible! As I write this, we have just finalized plans for the home inspection tomorrow. God willing, we will be closing on our home within the next 3 – 4 weeks.
I could keep going, on and on about what God is doing, but I have to stop somewhere. And so I will stop at this. We serve and incredible God! I am so excited about the season of new beginnings. But I am truly grateful for the season He has led me through! I know, I will never be the same again! Glory to God in the Highest!!
Please keep posted here for further developments. I will be starting a new Blog within the next few weeks. I will post the link here.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Lost in His Amazing Love!!
Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment