It’s been a while since I’ve updated this space. So I figured that it was time to give an updated version of where we are and what has been happening.
From the last posting, you can see that the door of ministry that we thought God was opening for us closed. At the time, we didn’t understand, in many ways it would be honest to say that we still don’t, but we continue to trust in God’s leadership and provision.
With that said, we continue to be humbled by how God has supplied for our needs. He continues to surprise us in very real and tangible ways. When things looked the darkest and most impossible, God has opened small doors of opportunity for income and influence.
It is true that I still have not found a full-time job, and each week I am scouring websites and submitting resumes. In the meanwhile, God has provided just enough part-time work to keep our needs supplied.
I have had the opportunity to share God’s Story in my life during the last couple of months. This weekend, I have the honor of sharing it with the people at The Story in Comstock Park. God has been faithful!
As to the job search, I have been in conversations with a few potential places. I have a conversation later this week, that we are seeking God’s direction in. Carla and I are praying for the one that God desires for our next season of ministry. We would appreciate your continued prayers as we listen and discern what His will is.
We have asked many to pray with us that He would close the doors that no-one can open and that He would open the door that no-one can shut. (Revelation 3:7-8) The doors have been closing one by one, just as we have asked.
While there are moments of anxiousness, we both know that God has been using this season to prepare us for the next one. We really do covet your prayers and your support.
Following in His footsteps…
No comments:
Post a Comment