I wanted to take a moment to share a praise with you. Not only have I been so blessed by many of you who have greeted me and welcomed me back to work after my surgery, but I have had the opportunity to share more of God's story with you.
God continues to bless me with His touch on my body. This morning I participated in a Stress Test, my first post surgery. This is something that I have been working up to since I started Cardiac Rehab three weeks ago. You may notice the title of this post - Praise God! I received very encouraging news today. I was just shy of 10 minutes on the treadmill and came back with a test result that fell into the normal category. It has never sounded so good to be included in the "normal" category. I know that there are a few who might challenge that statement :-)! God continues to do His work.
One of the goals that has been placed on my Cardiac Rehab was to get to a workout goal of 60 minutes. As of this past Friday I have reached 55 minutes of workout on the Treadmill, Aerodyne Bike & an Eliptical. I must admit - even though it is a real workout, not only am I thrilled to be done each day, but I am so grateful for the ability to do this.
Please continue to pray as I work through these days of Rehab and as I continue to engage fully into work. I know that God has amazing things in store. I can't believe that I get the continued honor of watching Him perform His miracles from the front row.
Blessed by your prayers & your love!
Mark
I sing the mighty power of God, that made the mountains rise / That spread the flowing seas abroad, and built the lofty skies. / I sing the wisdom that ordained the sun to rule the day;
ReplyDeleteThe moon shines full at God’s command, and all the stars obey.
I sing the goodness of the Lord, who filled the earth with food, /Who formed the creatures through the Word, and then pronounced them good. /Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed, where’er I turn my eye,/If I survey the ground I tread, or gaze upon the sky.
There’s not a plant or flower below, but makes Thy glories known,/And clouds arise, and tempests blow, by order from Thy throne;
While all that borrows life from Thee is ever in Thy care;/And everywhere that we can be, Thou, God art present there.
Yes, thank the Lord! Love this song too!
ReplyDeleteEsther (Reynolds) Burton