Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving...

Today is a day of thanksgiving! I know that we will be celebrating with our family on Thursday "officially". But as I woke up this morning I spent some time just giving God praise for so many things. You know I have a lot to be thankful for. How about you?

In my time alone with God this morning - I spent some time just thanking God for all that He has provided for me. You know so often I find myself thinking of this in terms of the things that I have or don't have in life, but it is so much bigger than this. This passage was a part of my TAWG today.

Colossians 2:6-7 "And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as you Lord, you must continue to follow Him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on Him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness." NLT

As I look at the season of life that I am in right now, it is very easy for me to look at all the things that are happening to me. My health struggles, vocationally, financially, and yet I am reminded that this can be the moments in which God can do His best work. Yes I said it right - His best work! He is trustworthy and will do it unreservedly, not because of what we are, but because of who He is.

As Andrew Murray put it: We have a God who delights in impossibilities and who asks, "Is anything too hard for me?" (Jer. 32:27)

When everything is falling apart, I am safe in His arms. Faith can overcome the mountains and valleys of life. And so today I am, "Commiting my way to the Lord!" Ps. 37:5 and filling my day with thanksgiving.

Oh by the way, I "officially" finished my rehab yesterday. Now I'm trying to figure out how to duplicate what I was doing in the gym at home.

Thanks for your prayers for my job search as well as my health. Each day is a gift that I am given.

I am blessed to be loved by the One who is worthy of all of our praise! May He be glorified through my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment